6 Signs of True Friendship
Today I was on Instragram and I came across a video clip called, “If not for my girls” staring Eudoxie Bridges, LeToya Luckett, and Keri Hilson. The three ladies were discussing friendship and letting each other know how they appreciate each other, which is something us ladies have a hard time with. Watching this video made me think about friendship. We have all experienced good and bad friendships. The good ones we love and appreciate, the bad ones at times can leave us scarred and guarded. With that being said, I came up with a list of 6 signs of true friendship that we can love and appreciate.
1. Communication and understanding - Friendship consist of good communication and understanding. Friends should be able to listen to each other and have patience and understanding. No friendship is 100% perfect, so if there are any problems they will face them head on, hug it out, and move on.
2. Genuine love - Friendship should feel like a sisterhood. You should feel like your best friend is your sister and the love is genuine. We are flawed so there should never be any judgement. You should be able to be your authentic self with you friend.
3. Give and take - Friendship is not one sided. You should be there for each other during the good and the bad times. No friendship should feel like you are being used or one-sided.
4. No envy, jealousy, or backbiting - Friendship should never consist of these three words. Friends should always support each other and be happy for one another. When one is down the other should feel her pain and want to help her back up. If one is doing well, celebrate it together and be happy and understand that her shine does not mean you are failing at life. Friends should always want good for each other and should never talk bad about each other.
5. Honesty and trust - Friendship consist of honesty and trust. You should always be able to be honest with each other about anything. With that being said, you should be able to be honest and speak what is on your mind without one believing you are trying to intentionally hurt them. i believe in the unspoken friendship rule, you should never share your friends personal business with anyone at anytime. Nothing feels worse than being friends with someone you can’t trust. Be the friend that you wanting someone else to be.
6. Joy and laughter - Friends should always be able to laugh until your face hurts, do crazy things together, and just enjoy each other during good and bad times. When you have a true friend it will always feel like a sisterhood and you will never feel like you have to face anything alone.